Video API Usage During COVID-19
Telehealth services are now essential for medical providers — and our Video APIs are powering millions of interactions.
SCALING TO MEET GLOBAL DEMAND
Unsurprisingly, our data shows significant increases in our video APIs' use.This reflects the dramatic, universal new need for virtual communications. As of April 4, we've seen changes of:
- +650%: The increase in the total streamed video minutes across all industries, over the last last six months
- +114%: The increase in total video traffic in last 3 weeks of March vs. last 3 weeks of Feb
- +288%: The increase in healthcare Video API usage month-over-month
Flattening the curve
By helping patients, wherever they are, the risk of infection is minimized for everyone.Our Video APIs are providing today’s telehealth leaders the ability to expand their diagnostic capabilities virtually. This frees up resources, reduces demand for personal protective equipment (PPE), and limits exposure for healthcare staff and patients.
HELPING IN THE REAL-WORLD
Our customer, Doxy.me, is a leading telehealth provider.They supported over 600,000 doctor-to-patient video sessions with over 11 million video minutes—in a single day—in March. Using our video APIs, during the week of March 23, 2020, Doxy.me saw the following:
- 139,000 (new) providers tried telemedicine using the Doxy.me platform
- 1.35 million patients were treated with telemedicine
- 170 million minutes of video teleconsultation
- 89.6 million streamed sessions minutes
- 168,999 video calls/day on average, over the last week
- 701% increase in video calls week-over-week
- 722% increase in video calls minutes week over week
- 1.68 million unique patients in March 2020
"Telehealth is playing a key role in keeping doctors and patients safe and healthy during this crisis, and we predict that when we’re on the other side of this, it will become an accepted front-line medical practice."
Brandon Welch, Founder, Doxy.me
Learn more about our Video APIs
Interested in how Video APIs can help your practice bring medical professionals and patients together through secure, interactive video sessions? Connect with a Vonage API expert: fill out the form and we'll get back to you shortly.
Thanks for contacting us!
A Vonage expert will get back to you shortly. In the meantime, feel free to explore the new Vonage and how we're making communications more flexible, intelligent and personal so our customers can stay ahead.